Widdershins:

(sometimes withershins, widershins or widderschynnes) means to take a course opposite that of the sun, going counterclock-wise, lefthandwise, or to circle an object, by always keeping it on the left. It also means "in a direction opposite to the usual," which is how I choose to take it in using it as the title of this blog. We're all in the same world finding our own way.

Saturday, July 4, 2009

The Remedy (I won't worry)

To my girlfriend Lauren Smith (19), to my not-a-girl friend Emerson Peek (22) and to the USA (233), happy birthday wishes all around! To everyone else, happy federal holiday dedicated to blowing stuff up. Not that I condone pyromania on a national level, especially with what we've done to our national forests and their increased combustability, but that's irrelevant, let's celebrate.

Be safe, have fun and for the love of Mike (who's Mike?), take some pictures for posterity.

For anyone interested, the included pic is yet another acelessthan3 original print. I managed to make four variants of this design (which I've named "the hope umbrella") before the stencil fell apart on me. Because the holes were a little smaller, it was harder to evenly screen the ink through all the different parts... maybe I need to thin the ink? Anyone with experience silkscreening, your advice would be welcomed.

No comments: