Widdershins:

(sometimes withershins, widershins or widderschynnes) means to take a course opposite that of the sun, going counterclock-wise, lefthandwise, or to circle an object, by always keeping it on the left. It also means "in a direction opposite to the usual," which is how I choose to take it in using it as the title of this blog. We're all in the same world finding our own way.

Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Bumbershoot fun

This past weekend I got my face painted for the first time in who knows how many years. It was a kind of torture resisting the urge to itch for the few hours I had the paint on, reminding me why I'd forgone facepainting, but somehow I managed to last without the paint getting rubbed off, or worse washed off by the fickle attempts at rain by the Seattle skies.

The shirt I wore was another acelessthan3 original print, a simple design of black stripes on an orange shirt, mostly in an attempt to stand out in the crowds. I knew some friends would be at the music festival and wanted to make myself easily visible so wore one of the most painfully bright shirts available. It worked. Charlie and I hadn't even entered the event yet when I received a text informing me I'd been spotted.

Later in the day, I was surprised to find myself able to spot my friend Alex from across the Seattle Center International Peace fountain before he saw me. Just proves a good eye beats colors any day.

No comments: