Widdershins:

(sometimes withershins, widershins or widderschynnes) means to take a course opposite that of the sun, going counterclock-wise, lefthandwise, or to circle an object, by always keeping it on the left. It also means "in a direction opposite to the usual," which is how I choose to take it in using it as the title of this blog. We're all in the same world finding our own way.

Friday, January 21, 2011

Such is life

Sometimes like a slap to the face I am reminded: I am loved. I am love and it is my duty to remember this, to cherish it, to share it with the world.

Seeing friendly faces from a place and time of happiness, I digress into happiness myself, the power of memories overwhelming.

C'est la vie. "Such is life." It has become a mantra of my existence.

In this there is tension, for we often assume an essential negativity. A sense of "I accept that this weight exists in my life, that it holds me back, and I move forward anyways."

Such is my life. Joy and sorrow, pleasure and pain and all the sparkling in-betweens that color an otherwise bland existence.

Aye, c'est la vie, a kaleidascope of beauty unforetold by the passing of time. C'est la vie, a pain that time cannot erase. As one I take them in stride.

I am strong. I am resilient. I am growing.

I seek not to combat the negativity in my life, rather I want to embrace it, encompass it with all that I am, all that I can be. It is not wrong. The powers that oppose us are never wrong. I reject this binary existence. The powers that oppose me oppose me and I welcome them with open arms, for it is through them that I will grow. Through them I will transform and reshape myself.

C'est la vie, a revolution of self. The God on high and the god within communing for something beyond themselves.

This is what I aspire to.

Inspiration. Declaration. Intention. Dedication. Veneration.

I cannot share this with you. I cannot tell you about it or use it with/for/to you. No, I can only experience it actively and shine with it through the very pores of my body.

Take from it what you will. C'est la vie.

No comments: