Widdershins:

(sometimes withershins, widershins or widderschynnes) means to take a course opposite that of the sun, going counterclock-wise, lefthandwise, or to circle an object, by always keeping it on the left. It also means "in a direction opposite to the usual," which is how I choose to take it in using it as the title of this blog. We're all in the same world finding our own way.

Friday, February 18, 2011

I have a friend, a graphic designer, who's always posting links and articles to artists and projects related to his work. It's something he's so passionate about he just has to share it with the world. Sometimes I check them out, other times I just skim over them, most of the time it's pretty cool stuff visually.

It's also pretty cool stuff mentally as a practice and as an art. The designer is putting themselves out there, working for themselves and for their audience. Their at is their life.

I want to make my life my art. I want to design my life. Which isn't to say I want to revolve my life around my art, no, I want my life to be something I'm passionate about; a life with intention that breaks the rules when it has reason to.

Anyways, just some thoughts.

No comments: