Widdershins:

(sometimes withershins, widershins or widderschynnes) means to take a course opposite that of the sun, going counterclock-wise, lefthandwise, or to circle an object, by always keeping it on the left. It also means "in a direction opposite to the usual," which is how I choose to take it in using it as the title of this blog. We're all in the same world finding our own way.

Tuesday, December 30, 2008

The Stupid Stuff I do to my body

I donated blood yesterday, like I normally do. every 54 days or so.

The experience wasn't really any different than any of the other times I've donated blood this year (I'm either at 5 or 6 donations), with the exception that they couldn't find a good vein in my left arm, so they had to start over in my right.

The process isn't really painful, and I'm not bothered by needles for some reason (but for those potential readers who are, I'll do you the courtesy of not going into detail), so the actual donating process was easy.

It was the next day (today) that I experienced problems.

I was biking to work like I usually do, when I began to feel lightheaded. This was worse than any of the other times I've felt as such after donating blood, so I made a point of finding the nearest place of food (McDonalds, but I went to the Subway across the parking lot) and sat down. My vision went blurry, and I saw stars, I started sweating bullets. Needless to say it was not an experience I would like to repeat.

I sat for a least an hour and a half, ordering food and drinking plenty of water and then continued on my way to work, albeit at a slower pace.

No comments: