Widdershins:

(sometimes withershins, widershins or widderschynnes) means to take a course opposite that of the sun, going counterclock-wise, lefthandwise, or to circle an object, by always keeping it on the left. It also means "in a direction opposite to the usual," which is how I choose to take it in using it as the title of this blog. We're all in the same world finding our own way.

Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Cancelled

Bah, I'm sitting in class, trying to pay attention, but it's not really working.

My mind is on lunch, not because I'm particularly hungry, though now that I mention it, I could go for some food, but because I'm supposed to be having a lunch date with this guy I met online. (Don't worry, he checks out.)

Now, if you were paying close attention, you already know how this story turns out.

I got a text saying he'd have to cancel... again. It wasn't a paper this time as was his excuse on Friday, but he has to clean for his parents visiting on Friday. And while I trust that he's not just making up excuses, I'm ambivalent about this. It's the second time this has happened, and his reliability rating is rapidly going down.

I'm beginning to wonder if it's worth it. If he makes these arrangements with me and doesn't follow through, should I waste my time waiting? I don't know, though I know most people would tell me probably not.

Maybe since lunch won't work out, I'll try asking about dinner. Cause dorm food is just that good, right?

3 comments:

Kristen Steenbeeke said...

reliability rating is rapidly

^ I like this alliteration.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Thanks Kristen (the other comment that's deleted said Thank Kristen and since I couldn't edit it, I deleted it and am starting over). That's kind of why I used it.
Plus the sentiment behind it is true as well.