Widdershins:

(sometimes withershins, widershins or widderschynnes) means to take a course opposite that of the sun, going counterclock-wise, lefthandwise, or to circle an object, by always keeping it on the left. It also means "in a direction opposite to the usual," which is how I choose to take it in using it as the title of this blog. We're all in the same world finding our own way.

Thursday, February 26, 2009

Day 1



Since getting up to Western, I've become a member of the Ritmo Latino Salsa Club, or Salsa group for short. Soon after joining Salsa group, I've been convinced to join the performance group that goes with it, and in doing so, have added two more days of salsa to my schedule to practice the routine. I don't go to the gym anymore, because I don't need to, I dance.

Anyways, the picture above was taken yesterday after our performance group meeting amidst the surprise February snow storm we in the northern Sound had. After our dance practice, a few of us had a snowball fight and then at my suggestion made snow angels.

It was surprising when David, one of the instructors, joined us in our flurry frenzy, because he comes across as very uptight and controlled. Seeing him tumble around in the snow with us was a pleasant shock to my expectations. It heartened me to be proven wrong in my assumptions.

No comments: