Widdershins:

(sometimes withershins, widershins or widderschynnes) means to take a course opposite that of the sun, going counterclock-wise, lefthandwise, or to circle an object, by always keeping it on the left. It also means "in a direction opposite to the usual," which is how I choose to take it in using it as the title of this blog. We're all in the same world finding our own way.

Thursday, July 29, 2010

Walking, it's good for the heart

So I got in as argument with a sock puppet the other day. Things got kind of intense and Virginia really got up in my face, so I decided to defuse the situation and initiate some deep introspection by going on a walk.

I ended up at Wildwood Park where there's this wonderful trail with all kinds of exercise stations. Needless to say, I couldn't resist.

Sit and reach. Target muscles: Hamstring stretch

Parallel bars. Target muscles: Arms, shoulders, core

Monkey bars. Target muscles: Arms, shoulders, core. Also, monkey bars for the win!

Crunch bench. Target muscles: abdominals

Crunch bench. Alternate view.
Crunch bench. Panorama view.

I ended up being on my feet and moving for about four and a half hours. My calf muscles hated me when I finally got home and off my feet, but I needed it.

No comments: