Widdershins:

(sometimes withershins, widershins or widderschynnes) means to take a course opposite that of the sun, going counterclock-wise, lefthandwise, or to circle an object, by always keeping it on the left. It also means "in a direction opposite to the usual," which is how I choose to take it in using it as the title of this blog. We're all in the same world finding our own way.

Sunday, June 27, 2010

PsyFly: A Dream

I know on plurk at least I've mentioned my dreams and given shorthand versions of them. I figure though why not expand them into full length  transcriptions since I haven't done that in a while. 

PsyFly


I'm involved in some kind of war, but the fighting is distant. I don't know who I'm fighting with, my allies, because they stay just on the edges of my vision. But I get the distinct feeling we're not human.

We're flying. The air is light and clear, the sky a kind of blue-green like the world was some kind of giant television set and someone had been playing with the color settings. We're flying in formation though I have no proof because everyone else remains just behind me. But I'm flying, flying and filled with a kind of simple joy because of that. All I can see is the sky in front of me and the land below me.

It's a strange land too: Islands covered in massive trees the likes of which don't exist on earth. They seem to be floating in water the same color as the sky but a deeper color. They aren't floating, they're too big for that, but they are mobile. Huge, old growth forests on islands right up to the edge, and I'm high enough that they seem like toys.

For some reason I land on one of these islands. I descend down through the trees and land on the forest floor before I even know I'm landing. None of my fellows followed. I can tell as much that I landed alone, but I am not alone. Am I looking for someone?

Regardless, I find someone. And like everyone else I have encountered they remain beyond me. I know they're right in front of me in a small space free of undergrowth no more than 6 feet wide but I can make out no characteristics, not even the shape of their body. Feeling back at this dream though, I get the impression that this person was female. She's scared, but being brave.

I'm oblivious and approach. And when we're standing together I become aware of something on the other side of the trees. Whatever it is, it's hidden on the other side of the foliage. I realize that it's because of this thing that she's scared.  We turn to face it, together.

There's a soft rumble that makes me realize this thing is big. In a sudden movement, the shrubs and plant-life concealing us from view are brushed aside. Before me stands what I can only describe as a bear. It's slightly cartoonish, but in that vicious anime style. It's huge, at least as big as an elephant, a kind of mossy grey-green that makes it feel old.

It looks at me, no, through me and knows me. It is sentient and powerful, psychic on a level I don't fully understand, but it is not some kind of forest god. No, this is merely a denizen of these strange islands. It looks at me, through me and in doing so, in coming to know me, it sees my good intentions and leaves me in piece.

Something about this exchange strikes me as being entirely too fantastical and I think I achieved a moment of lucidity in the dream, or perhaps it was the lines of different dreams blurring. Regardless, there is a shift. I am removed from the epic worldscape and find myself surrounded by something more akin to reality.

I'm with with a man now. He seems familiar, like he's someone I know. I'm wrapped in his embrace, folded into his arms, folded into his lips. We're kissing. We're making out, fooling around. There is a fire in my stomach and he pulls it out of me with his lips on mine, with his fingers on my skin. Where it passes, I'm left tingling.

A hand on the back of my head pulls me in. Teeth and tongue graze my neck. I shiver. More. Words and thoughts trapped in the back of my throat escape as a gasp.

Lips touch lips. My heart races. I pull him to me, wanting, needing. This. I explode outward. My arms. My hands. My fingers. Down to the bone. It hurts. I feel it. I want more. 

No comments: