Widdershins:

(sometimes withershins, widershins or widderschynnes) means to take a course opposite that of the sun, going counterclock-wise, lefthandwise, or to circle an object, by always keeping it on the left. It also means "in a direction opposite to the usual," which is how I choose to take it in using it as the title of this blog. We're all in the same world finding our own way.

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Rainchild

Dripping and loving it
Soaked to the bone
I have found my home
And it was laughing
It was laughing at you.
It was laughing at me.
It was laughing at this construction of we.
I am a child of the rain.
Soak me through.
Drown me in your sorrows and your happiness.
I can take the pounding, thundering, roaring
I am sound.
I am silence.
I am the up down yo-yo that spins circles around you.
You call this form?
It contains, it traps, it holds, it comforts.
Do I contradict myself?
Hell no.
I meant what I said and I said what I meant
But I'm not some big eared beast.
People always blame the sun
When it's the rain they should be watching.
Watching before it washes you away.

No comments: