Widdershins:

(sometimes withershins, widershins or widderschynnes) means to take a course opposite that of the sun, going counterclock-wise, lefthandwise, or to circle an object, by always keeping it on the left. It also means "in a direction opposite to the usual," which is how I choose to take it in using it as the title of this blog. We're all in the same world finding our own way.

Sunday, May 10, 2009

Anagrams, Articulations and Antagonism

Articulation: Caution Trail, Lunatic Ratio, Action Ritual.

I feel already that this post is going to be extremely stream of consciousness at points, but I'm okay with that. I think I originally had a plan as to what I was going to talk about, but then I got distracted and never got far enough to pick my train of thought back up. It was too heavy, I think because it was carrying several cars full of steel plates.

So anyways, I was browsing randomly online earlier and found some random posting on Facebook of a woman searching for a gay best friend. And the way her post was written made me wonder: why aren't there dating sites made specifically to match up the (stereotypical) perfect couple of straight women with gay men?

It would be incredibly simple, exactly like any other internet dating service, only minus the potential for nookie at the end of the night. You fill out a profile, answer some basic personality questions and using seemingly incomprehensible computer algorithms, get paired up with people of similar interests.

I admit that this would be a redundant, shameless, capitalist venture, as you can meet people through any existing dating or social networking service, but isn't that kind of the point in the first place? Starting something like this is all about exploiting people's basic need for love, attention and affection all in the interest of making a buck.

I don't think I approve, but the idea entertains me. If any of you make one, I'll sign up and use it... not that I have any trouble meeting straight women to be friends with, but y'know, support your friends and all.

No comments: