Widdershins:

(sometimes withershins, widershins or widderschynnes) means to take a course opposite that of the sun, going counterclock-wise, lefthandwise, or to circle an object, by always keeping it on the left. It also means "in a direction opposite to the usual," which is how I choose to take it in using it as the title of this blog. We're all in the same world finding our own way.

Monday, May 11, 2009

Doctor Who's On First




"So, what are we going to watch tonight?"
"House."
"Is that the one with Doctor Whatsisname?"
"No, it's called Doctor Who."
"Doctor Who's on first?"
"No, House."
"With Doctor Whatsisname?"
"Doctor House."
"But it's my house."
"And I want to watch the show with the Doctor."
"Doctor Who?"
"No, House."
"It's my house, Phil."
"Doctor Phil is not on."
"Then what's on first?"
"House."
"With Doctor Whatsisname?"
"Doctor House, yes."
"Are you trying to say ER?"
"ER starts at nine."
"Then what in God's name are we watching?"
"House."
"With Doctor Whatsisname?"
"No, that's Doctor Who."
"I like his sonic screwdriver."
"This isn't Home Improvement."
"No, it's House, see?"




I have no idea what inspired the above. Somehow I was looking up Doctor Who flair to send via Facebook to the friends I know would geek out over it, because, let's face it, it's an awesome show and David Tennant is kind of hot, when the word who made me think of the Abbott and Costello act I first heard in my AP Lit class in high school.

One thought led to another and suddenly I find myself trying to write my own version. I think this Shakespearean version is much more successful, but I made a valiant effort:

2 comments:

Jules said...

I loved it. That was amazing. It made me make a face similar to this, =D. Except less texty.

Unknown said...

Probably would have worked better though if I'd had a copy of the "Who's on First" script at hand to work with though. Oh well. Next time I try I'll keep this in mind.

And thanks, I'm glad you enjoyed it.