Widdershins:

(sometimes withershins, widershins or widderschynnes) means to take a course opposite that of the sun, going counterclock-wise, lefthandwise, or to circle an object, by always keeping it on the left. It also means "in a direction opposite to the usual," which is how I choose to take it in using it as the title of this blog. We're all in the same world finding our own way.

Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Sakura

I took this picture yesterday.



Sakura, are my red robin of spring. I cannot rightly say like I feel summer approaching if I don't see the pink gracing the trees.

But why this picture?

What I liked about this image over all the other pictures of cherry trees I could have taken or found online, is what the wind has done. The delicate petals have been scattered among the roots, left to rot into the grass. But in the meantime, they blanket the area beneath the tree, making a soft, downy looking area that tapers away to the green grass beyond.

There's an event horizon of flower petals centered around the singularity of the tree. Do you see it? And at the center resides the sweet smell of spring.

1 comment:

G Atticus said...

The rain has not treated the cherry blossoms nicely, but they are always the first breath of spring. The quiet joys of taking the long routes home-as just to pass by a few more intoxicated with every bit of their presence.