Widdershins:

(sometimes withershins, widershins or widderschynnes) means to take a course opposite that of the sun, going counterclock-wise, lefthandwise, or to circle an object, by always keeping it on the left. It also means "in a direction opposite to the usual," which is how I choose to take it in using it as the title of this blog. We're all in the same world finding our own way.

Thursday, May 7, 2009

Blip.fm



So starting back around February, my internet presence skyrocketed. This was partly due to the fact that I started talking to a very internet savvy, enthusiastic friend who introduced me to all these wonderful widgets and sites. To list off a few, I'm now on dailybooth.com, stickam.com, twitter (see feed at right), I actually use my YouTube account now; all in addition to the existing blog, facebook, emails, yahoo and plurk accounts that I had. I also picked up on some of the wonders that FireFox has to offer (seriously if you use FireFox, check out these last two links).

My favorite so far though is blip.fm. It's a site similar to twitter and plurk, only instead of simply sending an update, you search through their internet archives and select a song that will play. It can sync to your twitter account as well (I haven't yet been able to find a plurk link, darn) so your blips will be shared with more than just your listeners.

I like this. I like it a lot, because it's multimedia. As the site describes itself, you're essentially being an internet DJ for your friends. And while I'm sure there are better sites out there, with more reliable links, slightly larger databases and/or song titles actually spelled right more often, I'm more than happy to blip my way through life for now.

If you ever want to hear how I'm feeling, check out by profile, I'm DelightedDeliquescence.

No comments: