Widdershins:

(sometimes withershins, widershins or widderschynnes) means to take a course opposite that of the sun, going counterclock-wise, lefthandwise, or to circle an object, by always keeping it on the left. It also means "in a direction opposite to the usual," which is how I choose to take it in using it as the title of this blog. We're all in the same world finding our own way.

Thursday, June 18, 2009

Making use of my new screen printing kit: First print.

I've always been fond of panthers and leopards and similar big cats. So i put one on my shirt.

The idea was to have the tail lead you around the body of the shirt and basically try something different with the placement of the print.

I mean, anybody can splash an image across the chest or back of a shirt, and I'm just as sure that anybody could do a wrap-around like this, but people don't and that's why I made this my first project.

I don't think I used quite enough ink, since as you can tell by the white spot above the hindquarters, some of the black washed out, but for the maiden print, I would call this a success.

2 comments:

Tony said...

Looks great! Can't you get ink where you live?

Unknown said...

Thanks. And unfortunately no I cannot get ink where I live. Neither Michaels and JoAnn's carry screen printing supplies in the local stores, but I ordered ink online and then went away for a summer camp and they were there waiting for me when I got back.

Happy ending with ink galore.