Widdershins:

(sometimes withershins, widershins or widderschynnes) means to take a course opposite that of the sun, going counterclock-wise, lefthandwise, or to circle an object, by always keeping it on the left. It also means "in a direction opposite to the usual," which is how I choose to take it in using it as the title of this blog. We're all in the same world finding our own way.

Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Day 12: Tested by Technology

So the internet is bugging me today.

Or rather it's been bugging me for the last hour or so.

I took probably about 50 pictures during my Salsa group earlier, and whilst trying to upload them to Facebook, discovered that the Java plug-in I'm using for Firefox seems to be made of epicFAIL.

Thus, instead of using the Full Uploader and getting all the pictures at once, I have to resort to the Simple Uploader and post 5 pictures at a time. On the whole, I don't really mind. I have both the time and the patience (not to mention the stubborn perseverance) to upload them this way, it's just frustrating when I've never really had this problem before.

Maybe it's a sign that Jane (my Laptop) is getting old, or that I need to clear off some of the video and picture files to my portable hardrive (a good idea all around anyways). Either way, I feel as if technology is testing me, seeing how much I'm willing to put up with before I break and throw a tantrum.

Well let me just say this now, I'm far stronger than T gives me credit for and always feel more silly than productive throwing a hissy. Instead, I choose to blog about it in a slightly verbose and irritated manner.

Maybe I'll just take a day when I'm not busy and mess around until I get it to work.

No comments: