Widdershins:

(sometimes withershins, widershins or widderschynnes) means to take a course opposite that of the sun, going counterclock-wise, lefthandwise, or to circle an object, by always keeping it on the left. It also means "in a direction opposite to the usual," which is how I choose to take it in using it as the title of this blog. We're all in the same world finding our own way.

Thursday, March 19, 2009

Day 19: I think we need a break from each other... a spring break.



Yes, my laptop is named Jane. No, I'm not going to explain why; I think it's important for you to figure out the reference yourself. I'm still waiting for Jane to talk back to me...

So if you didn't watch the video (yay it uploaded!) or are on Facebook and haven't yet decided to follow Widdershin Writings (yes, that was shameless self-promotion) at its blogger home, I finished my last final this morning. Like my philosophy final yesterday, it went by so fast I'm almost worried I bombed it. In fact, I know there were 3 problems I got wrong because I turned the page to them, said to myself "What the fark?!" and moved on to the next problem.

I finished with that, finished preparing my taxes, cleaned and packed and have spent the rest of the afternoon feeling poetic, the results of which will most likely appear below.

Below:
If you didn't know this already, I name my electronics. Marshall is the name of one.

Marshall

Through a tiny lens peering
Looking you in the eye with uncanny intensity.
Take me, they say.
Take me far away from where I am so I can be with you.
The irrelevancies compound, melting under the heat of this gaze.
Say those words, so sense memory can take over.
A shudder slip-sliding down the spine
involuntary
Don’t navigate away, even as you stay in plain sight
The distance grows without any movement

1 comment:

Unknown said...

BAH, the sound didn't record! GRRRRRRAAAWWWWRRR!!!!!
>:(
I think I'm going to rely on Earl for vlog posts from now on, and Marshall for chats, either that, or find an alternate uploading site.