Widdershins:

(sometimes withershins, widershins or widderschynnes) means to take a course opposite that of the sun, going counterclock-wise, lefthandwise, or to circle an object, by always keeping it on the left. It also means "in a direction opposite to the usual," which is how I choose to take it in using it as the title of this blog. We're all in the same world finding our own way.

Monday, March 16, 2009

Day16: I took the weekend off

It's been a long weekend... full of surprises, firsts, happiness and mostly a sense of love. I didn't do diddly as far as studying for my finals goes, but I think I got something else that I needed far more.



Anyways, I wrote this poem...
And I think it's worth sharing. So here it is:

Touch of a double-edged point


An angel in disguise sits before me:
Tousle-tossed hair askew.
He carries worlds on his shoulders;
a shining sun in a population of shadows.
He wears my shirt (it looks good on him),
and his voice carries across time-zones:
a message of hope to a troubled soul.
His eyes search me as I write this
finding nothing but painted eyes,
a disguise, as I hide behind this notepad.
Our meeting was kismet –
fleeting firsts followed by many more –
for who better to help the tired tower
than the optimist empowered with support to spare?
Hands strong as his heart grip me
as time.
slips.
by.
Once again we are alone together.
The silence punctuated by smiles (and the occasional rawr)
an eternity hidden in the 5x5 confines of a quiet room.

1 comment:

grrrace said...

aww that was sweet :]]