Widdershins:

(sometimes withershins, widershins or widderschynnes) means to take a course opposite that of the sun, going counterclock-wise, lefthandwise, or to circle an object, by always keeping it on the left. It also means "in a direction opposite to the usual," which is how I choose to take it in using it as the title of this blog. We're all in the same world finding our own way.

Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Day 17: Saint Patrick's Day

This was actually supposed to be posted this morning, but Blogger is having trouble uploading the video. I checked the video... and I had the camera resolution set so high that it was a 3 gig video file... for about 2 minutes... Yeah... oops.

So I realized today that because I failed to post this weekend, my blog count is now exactly on time with the month of March, because I am on Day 17, and it's March 17th. Go figure.

I'm really in a strange mood right now... I kind of don't want to study or really do anything for my pending finals, it just feels so close to the end, which I'm sure many people can agree with. So many things have been happening recently it seems, and classes just seem kind of inconsequential in comparison. But, I'll hunker down eventually. Though I may not care about getting a perfect A in all my classes, it would be a complete waste of time and money for me to fail.

This picture is of a squirrel I saw one day while walking between classes. He (she?) was digging around inside the garbage can and I just found it so amusing that I had to take a picture. I was so scared that if I got too close the squirrel would notice me and run away before I could get the shot, but it worked out in the end, so I have no reason to complain I guess.

But really, I should be writing that essay for my Anthro class, wouldn't want to let my group down by not getting my part finished. But at the same time, I have until 1, and that just feels like so far away.

No comments: