Widdershins:

(sometimes withershins, widershins or widderschynnes) means to take a course opposite that of the sun, going counterclock-wise, lefthandwise, or to circle an object, by always keeping it on the left. It also means "in a direction opposite to the usual," which is how I choose to take it in using it as the title of this blog. We're all in the same world finding our own way.

Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Day 21: A multimedia representation



This video was shared with me (by, who else? Ahren) and as commanded by the video, I am sharing it with the world here on my blog.

In other news, I love my Nanotexts class. It's more than just a lit class, it's a multimedia behemoth at the miniaturized level. We're utilizing a web service similar to Twitter, called Plurk. Follow this link to create one and add me: http://plurk.com/acelessthan3/invite

I'm intrigued, because I've read one of the 8 books on the reading list already, and loved it. If you're interested in looking them up, I read Rudy Rucker's Postsingular. It was interesting because it was one of those scientific thinker books that I love so much. I'm really interested to reread it with some kind of perspective other than reading it for pleasure.

I've always been fond of analyzing movies, books, people. It's just a part of the way I think. I think I've touched on this in previous posts, but I like understanding things.

Did some calculations: if we printed off all 10+ 140 character Plurk posts, 10+ 1000 word blog posts and 3000-6000 word finals by all 34 people in my Nanotexts class, it would be approximately 900 printed pages (450 both sides) in a standard 12-point font document format.

I also bought all the texts for that class online today. It cost me about $100 on Amazon, but considering it could have been closer to $200 at the college bookstore, I'll consider myself lucky. Despite that, I still spent about $50 at the bookstore for books for my other classes.

I also paid $5 for a stainless steel ring:



I think it looks good, and considering I'll actually wear it, it's worth it for five bucks. Plus it spins, which, since it's already a nervous habit of mine to spin the rings I occasionally wear as necklaces, makes it that much easier for me to have something to play with.

Finally, I think I'll end this post with a poem:

Grey skies
Rain Clouds
Radio Silence
I stare at the sticky note doodle.
My battery disconnected
and wonder
if clipped wings still fly

1 comment:

Jules said...

Wow…I was just reading some of your older posts from before I followed you on here. I very much like this one. I have the same thing that you do with analyzing things. Mine mainly focuses on people and books. And oh wow, I know the book cost thing I spent about $400. GAH…shoot me! Oh well, I do what I have to do. I really like the ring!