Widdershins:

(sometimes withershins, widershins or widderschynnes) means to take a course opposite that of the sun, going counterclock-wise, lefthandwise, or to circle an object, by always keeping it on the left. It also means "in a direction opposite to the usual," which is how I choose to take it in using it as the title of this blog. We're all in the same world finding our own way.

Monday, April 6, 2009

A Perceptive Guy

I know you hate me, I’m a perceptive guy
I’m also aware enough not to wonder why
- Jay Brannan "At First Sight"


Okay, so taken out of context, these song lyrics aren't exactly the best way to illustrate my point, but it's a good song by a good artist (and those who have been following me for the past week, first, thank you, second, you know I'm all about this album right now). But in general, what I'm trying to say here is that I tend to be perceptive towards people, I might be oblivious or naive at times, but I'm a good read of those around me. I'm rambling... oh well.

My point is that I'm one of those people who picks up on and even draws/loses energy from/to the people around me. Put me in a party with some sweet, danceable music and I'm off. In general, the same holds true if you were to surround me by people that are upset. Okay, not true, my personality is far too bubbly for Negative Nancys to bring me down too far. But it's something I'll notice and that weird caregiver part of me wants to fix and help and... care for?

So to say the least, a greater majority of males in society frustrate me. It's a contest of three wills when someone refuses to talk to me about what so clearly is bothering them. Three because there's the part of me that wants to comfort/fix/care, the part that respects the other person's right to privacy no matter how infuriating it might be, and the other person. So pretty much I lose either way because it's two against one no matter what.

Strangely though, I feel as if I'm getting used to it, which is not an idea I enjoy. Probably a big reason why most of my friends are girls. In general they're more willing to talk about their problems, which suits me just fine. It's gotten to the point where they'll have boy-hating conversations with me and basically count me as one of the girls. It's funny and disconcerting at the same time.

No comments: