Widdershins:

(sometimes withershins, widershins or widderschynnes) means to take a course opposite that of the sun, going counterclock-wise, lefthandwise, or to circle an object, by always keeping it on the left. It also means "in a direction opposite to the usual," which is how I choose to take it in using it as the title of this blog. We're all in the same world finding our own way.

Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Day 28: to make a habit?

I've heard the adage that it takes 28 days to make a habit, though I've looked it up and found various numbers, most commonly 21 days, saying how long it takes to turn a simple repetitive task into an unconscious routine.

Discounting the small unavoidable breaks wherein I was physically... err electronically disconnected from the internet, I have reached/passed that point in my blogging. Is this a time for excitement? Or am I just word spamming the interwebs, giving my empty opinion to no one?

Am I the tree in the forest recorded digitally and posted on site to site?

I suppose I'm just having a blogging existential moment right now because I receive so little feedback. This whole blogging thing was meant as a way for me to basically journal and share myself, my experiences and my projects, and hear what people think!

I'm a social person. I don't do this for myself. If I were doing this purely for myself, it would be in a diary. Full-on paper and pen and glue, hidden under my bed/underwear diary. It's not. It's posted online for the world.

Is it too much to ask to get a comment now and then?

No comments: