Widdershins:

(sometimes withershins, widershins or widderschynnes) means to take a course opposite that of the sun, going counterclock-wise, lefthandwise, or to circle an object, by always keeping it on the left. It also means "in a direction opposite to the usual," which is how I choose to take it in using it as the title of this blog. We're all in the same world finding our own way.

Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Hahaha, oh the drama

I wrote a rather long email this morning to my ex. Basically explaining that I've had enough of being treated like I don't exist and that if he wants to be friends with me like he says he does, he has to step up and start talking to me. And then I defriended him on Facebook (Oh my gosh, Danny, how could you do that? It's like, such a breach of internet etiquette to defriend someone!).

I was kind of really harsh, more so than I've been with anyone else in my life, and it hurts me to feel like I have to resort to that, because I'm not a harsh person, but those words were necessary to let him know that I am not willing to do all the work. And that if he doesn't step up, he's not worth it to me and never should have been.

He blocked me on twitter.

I'm not outright offended, because most of his tweets had someone very specific in mind (not me) and it was kind of nauseating (sorry, if either of the parties involved are reading this, but it's true, the e-PDA has too much ick-factor for me).

But I am saddened that this is clearly a sign he isn't willing to step up and be the kind of friend I need in my life. I had so much hope he would, because I want to be friends.

So now I'm disappointed, but with clear reasons to move on with my life and find someone who will treat me like I deserve. If I seem unusually blue for myself the next few days, this is why. I'll be fine, this is just a major disappointment.

Silver lining though, he introduced me to several people who I'm sure I will remain good friends with. Two steps forward, one step back, right?

Thanks for understanding and I have no qualms about talking about it with anybody, so feel free to ask.

No comments: