Widdershins:

(sometimes withershins, widershins or widderschynnes) means to take a course opposite that of the sun, going counterclock-wise, lefthandwise, or to circle an object, by always keeping it on the left. It also means "in a direction opposite to the usual," which is how I choose to take it in using it as the title of this blog. We're all in the same world finding our own way.

Monday, April 6, 2009

Day 26: Little darling, it feels like years since it's been here .

It feels like it's spring finally, and I'm tempted to pull out my yo-yo. What does a yo-yo have to do with spring you ask? Probably nothing when we speak generally but for me specifically, it's the harbinger Robin. Never failing to find me when the seasons are a'changing.

Sitting in my hand, it flies rapidly down and up across these gray grounds and muddy lawns. Butterfly by design a scarlet breast of the palm.

It can walk the dog my little bird, whistling buzz and flying. My secret zen in time with breath. Down and up. Down and up. Down. And up.

No comments: