Widdershins:

(sometimes withershins, widershins or widderschynnes) means to take a course opposite that of the sun, going counterclock-wise, lefthandwise, or to circle an object, by always keeping it on the left. It also means "in a direction opposite to the usual," which is how I choose to take it in using it as the title of this blog. We're all in the same world finding our own way.

Sunday, April 12, 2009

Day 31: Tired

I'm tired.

I've been up and running since 7 o'clock Saturday morning (it is Sunday now right? Yeah, it is. It's almost 2am) and I'm exhausted.

I really should have worn socks and shoes to the regattas (see my last post if you want more on that) and I just now got back from Nerf Wars. All this running around and all this energy spent. Part of me loves it, because I truly love being around people, but today has just been a lot in so many different ways.

While I was at Nerf earlier, sand fell out of my coat all over the couch. It took me a moment to remember where my coat picked up that sand. And each grain weighed me down because it reminded me of what I don't want to do so I swept them onto the carpet to be lost to the vacuum of some random custodial worker. That made me think of my friend Ian's shirt. It said "Vacuums suck." Vacuums do indeed suck, Ian's shirt, it's what they were made to do.

I feel like I suck right now because I'm that kind of tired. I'm entering one of my world weary phases, and I don't know how long it will last. Maybe until morning, as it gets washed away by sweet slumber, or maybe through the next week. Maybe if I find the right words it will help.

What am I even talking about again? This isn't working. I'm going to go. I need sleep right now. After that, who knows.

No comments: