Widdershins:

(sometimes withershins, widershins or widderschynnes) means to take a course opposite that of the sun, going counterclock-wise, lefthandwise, or to circle an object, by always keeping it on the left. It also means "in a direction opposite to the usual," which is how I choose to take it in using it as the title of this blog. We're all in the same world finding our own way.

Saturday, April 4, 2009

Day 24: Endings and Beginnings

So... my first semi-serious relationship ended last night. It was only, what? Three weeks old? Those of you who've seen me and talked to me know already that I feel ending it was a good thing and a change for the better.

Me and the ex (wow, I can actually say that and have someone in mind now... this is an idea that will take getting used to) decided that we really make better friends than romantic partners.

I just wanted to take some time and say thank you to him and all my friends for understanding this. I mean, I guess I'm a little disappointed, but I kind of think I knew this conversation was going to happen sooner rather than later. In fact I'm glad it happened sooner, because had I continued to get the kind of silent treatment I was receiving for another two or three weeks, I know I would have gotten royally pissed off and said some things that would have ended the relationship badly. And I REALLY don't like the idea of doing that to either him or myself. It was short, but I think it was worth it. And no regrets.

So to all of you out there on the interwebs, here's to the start of a wonderful friendship, a phoenix out of the not too fiery ashes of an ended relationship.

Oh, and if you know any available guys I might be interested in... *wiggles eyebrows and then winks then bursts out laughing at the absurdity of it* Sorry, I can't even fake that in typing without laughing my ass off *watches ass fly out the window*

No comments: